Dates & Deadlines
Early, Regular, Rolling
- The UC and CSU can be submitted starting November 1 and have a filing deadline of November 30 at 11:59 PM PST. (Please don’t wait that long!) If you miss the deadline, you may not be considered for admission.
- The Common App schools all have different filing dates, depending on the school. The Common App clock is set to Eastern Standard Time; it logs your application according to EST.
- Individual school applications will set their app clock according to the time zone in which the school is located.
- Early decision is binding, you can only to apply to one school this way and you are contractually bound to attend this school if you are accepted. You must pull you apps at other schools.
- Early action is not binding you can apply to more than one school early action and you do not have to reply until May 1.
- Single choice early action is not binding, but you my only apply to one school early with this option.
- Regular decision is just as it sounds, you will be notified later in the admission cycle, but always by March 30. The UC and CSU do not offer any early admissions, except for Cal Poly, SLO which has early decision.
- Rolling admission means that schools admit as qualified applicants apply. The sooner you apply to a school with rolling admissions, the more likely you are to be admitted because they have more seats available at the beginning of the admissions cycle.
Know What Schools Want
Check Your Status
More tips in my next blog: if you have a question you’d like me to cover, please submit it through the contact form on this website. Click Here.